Saturday 25 May 2013

The Last Olympian


Title : The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5)
Writer : Rick Riordan
Number of Page : 254
Ebook Publisher : Disney Book Group

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds are against them. Kronos is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, his power only grows. 

In this momentous final book in the "New York Times" best-selling series, the prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

In my opinion:
Epic! The most epic modern battle in Manhattan. Haha... This book was all about the war between the Titans and Olympians.  Full actions non stop. I even could not remember the exact sequence of events because there were many characters involved in the battle. I only remembered that I felt so excited that I couldn't stop reading. 

Percy was so cool here. He organized the strategy for all demigods. He distributed them to protect every corners of Manhattan. A lot of magic creatures mentioned and they all contributed in the battle. There were betrayal, surprises, deaths and angst... I could only say that this book gave me a wonderful journey and experience. 

I felt sad for Luke, Hermes, and his mother. Such an unlucky fate and at the end no one was truly evil. Except for Kronos, of course. Anyway, the big prophecy was revealed and all this time Percy was not meant to be the hero. But, he was still the one that brought victory to the Olympians and he was still the same Percy. I was happy that he didn't accept the immortality and hey! He got the girl, haha... 

I think these series are very light, entertaining, funny, and I feel good after finishing all of them.  Usually I feel sad after finishing one series but I know I will meet Percy again in the next series by Rick Riordan: Heroes of Olympus. Well, it's not so bad after all. Can't wait for reading the new book :D

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series:
5. The Last Olympian

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment